Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 38 - Pink Gorilla

Advice: Never clean your child's bedroom with them present. DH and I started cleaning Princess Anna's bedroom at 10 this morning. 4 HUGE garbage sacks, 1 Goodwill sack, and 2 sacks of clothing for the cousin later, we just finished. Its now 4pm. She didn't like what we were tossing even tho it was broken beyond repair - I think for everything I put in she took out 3 things.
But she was so excited when we uncovered all her stuffies that she thought she lost. I knew they were there under every piece of clothing she owns. Her pink gorilla is one of her favorites, so that is my picture for today.

Until tomorrow -
Have a beautiful rest of the day!

10 comments:

Emma said...

Honey set down and up your legs!! Sounds like you need a long rest now after getting through all the toys, clothes etc...
It brings back memories of cleaning my dd room, I always, always made a point of doing when she wasn't present. Love the pink gorilla!

michellewaite1 said...

Very cute. My son's have the cat in the background. I like dh to take the kids out while I collect their toys to give away.

Mara said...

cute picture. It is crazy how much stuff gets lost in their rooms (or they think it gets lost) ;-)

Karen I. said...

Cute photo! I learned to clean out when they aren't there. Actually, I like it when I suggest they help me and they choose not to. Then I can get rid of things without guilt!

Rebecca said...

awww that's so cute.
I'm lucky that my eldest hasn't outgrown any toys yet so we haven't had to give any away, he wouldn't handle that very well. I wait until he is visiting his grandparents, like today, and hide some of his toys to recycle back to him later. Today is his birthday so when he gets home he will be getting some of his excess Christmas presents back for his birthday :)

Debra said...

This is too dang cute!! Love it...and fab shot.

carinscraps said...

ohwww I would love that pink gorilla as well, great photo, love it

Kirsten said...

Sweet photo.

Ellay said...

Great photo! Love the pink gorilla!!

Yes, I think it would be better to clean things out without children present. LOL

Debbie said...

That is an adorable picture.