Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 8 - The Crayons

I live with a house of comics. I grind my coffee beans, make the coffee, and as I am patiently waiting for that first cuppa - what do I find in my coffee cup? Crayons! About a dozen of them. Little do my gremlins....uhhhhh.....kids know, they are giving me awesome photo opportunities! I think I am really liking the macro shots. I really don't have a choice right now as my other lens went to Nikon heaven in the sky.

Kids are out of school once again today. Not for snow, but because of urban flooding. It has rained so much the last two days. But where all that snow was compact on the roads, its just an ice-skating rink out there now. Can't wait to see what the kids leave for me for tomorrow. LOL

Have a beautiful day!

16 comments:

Chreamps said...

I love macros and that one turned out so cool! You didn't know that your "gremlins" were your prop crew did you (LOL)? Hope the water starts receeding - sounds like a mess! Hope you have a great day anyway!

Sya said...

This is an awesome shot!! Love the remark about gremlins (LOL!) and Nikon heaven in the sky.. :)

Jodie said...

This is an amazing shot!

Mara said...

YOur Gremlins are so funny. I like the colorful shot. Crayons are an awesome thing to snap. Have a fun day!! ;-)

Iris said...

Wonderful shot and a great story! Your 'Gremlins' are so funny!

kaitgnzlz said...

Oh, love your macro shot of the crayons. Though,between you, me and the rest of the world, I hate them since my kids have (and I am not exaggerating) over 500 of them. They feel the urge to pull them all out and I ultimately have to pick them up.

Emma said...

Great shot of the crayons, love all the macro shots.

Rory said...

Like your gremlins...and wonderful,colorful shot!

Ellay said...

That's so funny! You never know what's waiting for you...
It is a great shot, though!

Tanya J. said...

NICE MACRO! That is neat!! Isn't it neat when kids do things that give us photo shots and they have no idea..lol like when they throw fits..lol
Sorry your lens went to nikon heaven :(
If I bring skates can I Ice Skate at your rink..lol

Jasmin said...

Fab shoot, I love the colors and the makro!

Erika said...

Lucky you didn't pour the coffe in the mug before you looked... Great macro shot, love the colors.

Connie said...

This is getting good, I loved your photo for today & the fact that the gremlins truck again lol..I'm going to have to stop by again tomorrow just to find out what you are left too!

Carla Phillips said...

What a fantastic shot!! Love Macro shots!!

Jaimie said...

This is a gorgeous perspective and I love how vibrant the colors are. Beautiful!

*Crystal* said...

such a fun picture!!!! I LOVE the colors here! so fun!